Are you a teacher or a student in the USA who propagates online learning and instructional model? Or, are you an employee who needs to be connected to their office If the answer is yes, you have clicked on the right article!
Pear Deck, a platform that allows instructors as well as pupils to participate in online classes, powers JoinPD.
PearDeck is an internet-based interactive presentation platform that enables real-time communication between professors and students. Through joinPD.com, learners can enrol in online classes and make presentations to instructors.
Learners use Pear Deck to answer problems discreetly by either selecting the alternatives offered by instructors or providing an explanation as their response. The replies are collated and made available to the entire class in real-time, privately.
There are two versions of the JoinPD portal: free and premium.
This platform is definitely advantageous but new users might find it difficult to log in to it. Further into this article, we will discuss how to download, register, log in and more on pd account. But first, a quick backgrounder about Pear Deck Account Portal (https://app.peardeck.com/join).
About PEAR DECK and Pear Deck Account Portal
An internet-based tool is provided to educators and K–12 schools by the academic innovation business Pear Deck. 2014 saw the establishment of Pear Deck in Iowa City. Pear Deck secured $500,000 in initial money in 2014. At the Silicon Prairie Awards, the business received the “New Startup of the Year” honour.
Steve Case chose Pear Deck as the champion of the “Rise of Rest” contest in 2015. It was also chosen by EdSurge as one of the “Top Ten School Tools” and was the recipient of the Village Capital: EdTech 2015 award. Pear Deck added Kansas City to their sales team in 2016.
Pear Deck and GoGuardian amalgamated in 2020.
Pear Deck web portal is a multimedia presentation and instruction presentation tool that may be used online, as an addition to other programmes, or as an integrated part of them. Students utilise their electronic devices to follow along with the teacher’s slideshow on a classroom screen after joining teachers’ Pear Deck sessions with codes. Also, pupils can finish student-paced cards in class or at home with the help of a paid Premium package. Personal teaching allows teachers to take a break when one of the various question types—including illustrating, dragging, written content, numbers, and multiple choice—has been introduced. Teachers can quickly observe how each pupil responded to these questions, either individually or in a grid layout, and share the confidential findings on the screen with each pupil. The official website to access this online portal is https://app.peardeck.com/join.
Using Pear Deck, a technology-based interactive solution, users can turn their presentation slides into chances for proactive education and formative evaluation. With this add-on, one can add various questions to any of their current Google Slides slides.
Pear Deck is particularly helpful for lecturers since they can pose any of the following questions to students based on the information in their presentation:
- Multiple-choice question – acts as a quick survey of your class.
- Displaying the outcomes on a number line is known as a numeric answer.
- Flexible questions let students respond in their own words.
- Drawable and draggable features allow pupils to label things directly on their devices.
Users of Pear Deck’s online services are welcome. The various types of persons are given directly below. Take a peek.
- The educators
- Manager of the Buildings
- Advisors and others
- District Supervisors
- Library professionals
- Media professionals
- Coach, instructional
- Integrating Tech
- Technological Manager
Using Pear Deck at JoinPD.Com Has These Benefits:
- Pear Deck Integration Add-On
- Extension of the Class/Lesson Online
- Data From Classes In Microsoft Excel
- Access synchronised Roasters and manage them.
- With a single Gmail ID, anyone can sign in.
- captivates students
- Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive for cloud-based storage
- Share the best files
- In a single click, develop and distribute slideshows.
- Straightforward data export to Google Classroom
- Any gadget can be paired with it.
- Encourages inquiry-based education
- It is accessible to all faculty students.
What Is Pear Deck Join Code?
The educator or presenter generates a five-digit code called the JoinPD Code which is required to attend the pear deck meeting or lesson. You must enter the Pear Deck join code that the teacher or host provides on the JoinPD web page in order to join the class. To access their course, anybody can write the code and distribute it to others. Therefore, if you’re a teacher, make your own pear deck code and provide it to the pupils. To join the ongoing class as a learner, request the mentor or instructor for the join pd code.
How to Get Peardeck Join Code?
- First of all, visit the Peardeck official website at https://app.peardeck.com/join,
- Now enter the join presentation number with 5 digit code.
- Please be aware of the fact that The JoinPD code will have an expiry date of 4 days.
- Another way of signing up is through your email id.
How to Install or Allow the Pear Deck Add-on for Users in your Google Domain?
There is an important aspect to Peardeck which is by default; apps like Pear Deck are not authorized in EDU domains. This page is specifically for administrators whose districts or schools use Google for Education. For teachers to get the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on, the Google Administrator must set authorizations for users in their Google Admin Console. There are two different ways to perform this:
- Install Pear Deck in all users’ accounts.
- Allow Pear Deck in G Suite so that individual users can install Pear Deck in Google Slides.
Install Pear Deck in all users’ accounts
To install Peardeck follow the below steps to automatically install the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on for all teachers in your Google domain. You can also follow Google’s instructions.
- The first step is to go to the Google Admin Console.
- Go to Apps. Select Google Workspace Marketplace apps.
- Select ‘Add App’ to Domain Install List.
How to Create an Account on Pear Deck via joinPD.com?
If you are wondering how to create a Peardeck account here are some simple steps to successfully create your Peardeck account:
- Please visit the Peardeck official website https://app.peardeck.com/join, and click on the sign up as a teacher button.
- You will be asked for some account setup, please hit on ‘Authorize’.
- Going further selects the storage, and it can either be your onedrive or Google Drive; you can do this by signing into your Gmail account with login credentials. It will need some permission; kindly permit it wherever required.
- Enter the Postcode/ school code of your school, or search the name of your school by entering the first letters. If you don’t find the name of your school, kindly enter any five digits and click on the next.
- Now you can start with the latest version of the Peardeck.
How to Join a Presentation on Peardeck?
- If a teacher creates the presentation and then uploads it to the JoinPD.com website, the representative is provided with an access code the teacher sends to the group to help them answer queries.
- The teacher can limit and choose the activities of students.
- The most amazing feature that is the most prominent feature of JoinPD.com that teachers respect is the ability to block students from editing or changing the answers they have submitted to track all who participate.
How to Participate in Your Peardeck Participate in Class?
- Visit the Peardeck official website at https://app.peardeck.com/join
- Next, enter 5-digit codes that are used for the link to join your pupil in the session for more than a week.
- Click join and move ahead as suggested.
How to Attend Your Peardeck Join Class?
The most important aspect to know and understand is how to join the class.
Once you choose an instructor-paced activity, the projector view opens, and the join guide is automatically projected:
- Visit https://app.peardeck.com/join. Next, please enter the 5 characters Pear Deck Code from your session at joinpd.com.
- Alternatively, you can post or email the session link you get when you click Give Students a Link (see step #1 above), and students, please click on it to join your session. Can click.
- Join codes expire after a week, but the session link is endless.
- If you would like pupils to follow sessions for more than a week, use the link to join them.
- Enter the session anonymously with a selected avatar or a Microsoft Office 365 or Google account email and password.
- It is based on your login settings.
- The Dashboard view opens when you choose a student-paced activity with premium access.
- Now press the join code at the top right corner of the screen to get joining instructions.
- Student speed activity, join code, dashboard with a red arrow.
How to Create a Pear Deck in Google Classroom? Pear Deck For Google Slides
Pear Deck for Google Slides, students can add the power of interactive queries to Google Slides.
With the Pear Deck for Google Slides add-on, you can add the magic of Pear Deck’s innovative reviews and interactive queries to your presentations.
- First of all, Start your Pear Deck lesson.
- Start Dashboard view.
- Next, click on the blue roster button. In the roster, please click Invite your class.
- Choose the Google Classroom section you like to invite.
- When pupils join, their names are illuminated.
How to Sign Up for Peardeck Class Login? Steps
- Visit the Peardeck official website at app.peardeck.com/join.
- There is a login page,
- Now, enter your Username and Password.
- After completing the process above, please click on the submit button, and you can now see your account’s login dashboard.
How to Resubscribe to Email Communications?
Once users have unsubscribed from receiving Pear Deck messages the company will not be able to re-register them as a customer. This means you will not receive unwanted messages. If, however, the user decides to receive messages from Pear Deck once again, they can opt-in manually to join our email lists to receive all messages from our business and stay updated as well as connected.
Here’s how to re-enrol in communications:
- Visit https://www.peardeck.com/resubscribe.
- Going further, enter your email address into the form. After entering your email id, you will see a link.
- Click on this link and get a notification to your account.
- Open your email account and look for a “Pear Deck Team” notification with the subject line “Request to Resubscribe”. This message includes instructions on how to opt back into communication.
- Click the link within the email to visit your personal Manage Subscriptions page.
- On the Manage Subscriptions page, confirm you subscribe to obtain Marketing Information and Customer Service Communications. You will then get emails related to usage, content, onboarding, and renewals:
- Be sure to verify your changes by clicking Update email preferences.
About the Pear Deck Account platform, that was all the details. We sincerely hope you enjoyed and gained something from reading this post.