If you’re looking to get into home improvement and want to use Lowe’s to buy tools, materials, or other items, the Lowe’s Advantage Card might be worth checking out. It’s a credit card product that Lowe’s offers and it offers some great benefits, but there are also some drawbacks to consider.
This article takes a look at the advantages and drawbacks, plus some alternatives you might want to consider.
About Lowe’s Advantage Credit Card
If you’re going to start a home improvement project and want to utilise Lowe’s for equipment, materials, or other purchases, it’s worth checking out the Lowe’s Advantage Card. With this shop credit card, you can get an immediate 5% discount on practically all of your purchases. If you’re working on a costly project that can rapidly add up to a sizable sum. It’s important to remember that Lowe’s provides a wide variety of products in addition to standard hardware, such as grills, window treatments, carpets, closet organisers and garden supplies
The Lowe’s Advantage Card offers a range of benefits, including a zero-annual fee, exclusive offers, and fraud prevention. For instance, Lowe’s is currently offering their cardholders a $30.00 in-store coupon for their first purchase. However, there are some limitations. In this instance, the shopper will need to apply for the coupon in-store and use it within a certain time frame or the coupon will be forfeited.
There are a few other credit options available to businesses at Lowe’s, and while we’re not going to go over them here, check out the Lowe’s Business account, Lowe’s accounts receivable, and lowes business rewards card from American Express for more information.
Lowe’s Advantage Card Rewards Offered
The Lowe’s Advantage Card has the following key rewards:
- 5% off on qualifying purchases: After applying all applicable discounts, Lowe’s Advantage cardholders can get a 5% discount on eligible items. The Low-Price Guarantee, Volume Discounts, Military Discounts, and Employee Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with this promotion. Gift cards, extended protection schemes, shipping costs, and other fees and taxes are not eligible for the 5% discount. Check before applying for the card to explain a large appliance/brand purchasing as some brands are not eligible for the price reduction.
- Exclusive 6-month financing available on orders of $299 or more: If the debt is paid off in whole during the first six months, Lowe’s Advantage Card purchases over $299 enjoy 0% APR. Otherwise, the 5% off discount is invalid. If not, the regular APR of 26.99% will be used, which will result in the balance accruing delayed interest.
- Finance for projects: For purchases made with an Advantage Card and costing more than $2,000, Lowe’s has unique financing alternatives. With choices including 36 fixed monthly payments at 3.99% APR (until paid in full), 60 fixed monthly payments at 5.99% APR, and 84 fixed monthly payments at 7.99% APR, cardholders can request this financing at the time of purchase. These payments are calculated at 2.9520% of the initial promo purchase value for 36 months, 1.9328% for 60 months, and 1.5581% for 84 months. These payments are not made automatically and could cause the entire purchase to be paid off earlier than 36, 60, or 84 months. The minimum monthly payment needed for non-promotional items may be higher than the set monthly payment. The www.lowes.com purchases are not eligible for this incentive.
- The condition of either/or: In general, cardholders are entitled to receive a 5% discount on purchases each day (within certain limits) until they attain a certain purchase value. When the cardholder reaches the $299 minimum purchase value for a six-month Special Financing Option, they are presented with the option to either receive the 5% discount or the Special Financing Option. Which option is preferable? It depends. Once again, please note that cardholders requesting special project financing shall not be entitled to the 5% discount on purchases over $2,000.
Lowe’s Card – Fees and Downsides
The Lowe’s Advantage Card has a few SIGNIFICANT flaws.
The Lowe’s Advantage card has an absurdly high base APR (26.99%), as we previously mentioned, and customers may find themselves in significant difficulty if they select special financing options and are unable to pay them off within the given time frame.
Furthermore, the Lowe’s card is valid only at Lowe’s in-store and online.
Other significant costs/drawbacks:
- Late fees may total $38.
- No available cash advances
- Absence of benefits offered by other retail credit cards, such as the absence of complimentary shipping and warranty extensions.
Applying for a Lowe’s Card
Lowe’s Advantage Credit Card applications can be submitted in-person or online, with a good credit score required for approval. Lower scores may have already been approved. Some applications are instant, while others may require further review, resulting in a 7-10 day waiting period. Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply.
Lowe’s Log-in and Online Account Management
Lowe’s Advantage cardholders can log in to this platform to manage their credit card accounts. There are a variety of features available within the platform, including the ability to pay bills, monitor account activity, enrol in electronic billing, and learn about exclusive offers and promotions.
Alternative Rewards Credit Cards – Recommendations
Chase Freedom Unlimited compares favourably to Lowe’s card in terms of simplicity and simplicity of fees, rules and terms. This universal cash-back offers excellent bonus categories, with bonus points on every purchase!
Or, if you’re a fan of travelling (or you’re looking to travel more), consider the popular travel rewards card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll earn 1x for shopping at Lowes.
- 5x for travel with Chase Ultimate Rewards.
- 3x for dining.
- 2x for any other travel purchases.
For careful cardholders, the Lowe’s Advantage Credit Card can help them save money with daily discounts of 5%. Exclusions, nevertheless, and thoughtful decision-making are crucial. Alternative rewards credit cards include superior features and cheaper APRs for people who don’t shop frequently or have trouble making payments on time.